More Than A Dead Letter

By Phillips Brooks

The Bible is like a telescope.
If a man looks through his telescope,
then he sees the worlds beyond;
but if he looks at his telescope,
then he does not see anything but that.
The Bible is a thing to be looked through,
to see that which is beyond;
but most people only look at it;
and so they see only the dead letter.



Quotes to Reflect On:

"I am a creature of a day.
I am a spirit come from God, and returning to God.
I want to know one thing: the way to heaven.
God himself has condescended to teach me the way.
He has written it down in a book. Oh, give me that book!
At any price give me the book of God. Let me be a man of one book."
by John Wesley

"Bible reading is an education in itself."
by Lord Tennyson

"It is not at all incredible, that a book which has been so long in the possession of mankind should contain many truths as yet undiscovered."
by Bishop Butler

"The Bible is worth all other books which have ever been printed."
by Patrick Henry

No comments: